Why do people become a part of the IDEX community?
- You care about the devastating effects of poverty and injustice on people in the Global South.
- You have experiences in your own life that remind you of preciousness of life and the gifts of nature.
- Contributing to IDEX gives you a way to make a difference in the face of some of the world’s grim realities.
- You want to express gratitude for all of the blessings of your own life.
- It feeds your hope when you stand in solidarity with others.
Giving to IDEX makes good sense:
- Through IDEX, your contributions directly reach grassroots organizations that intimately know and care for the people in their communities.
- IDEX’s investments leverage the resilience and solidarity found in communities in Africa, Asia, and South America.
- IDEX partners mobilize local volunteers and resources that stretch your donation even further.
- Our partners’ work leads to lasting and tangible changes as a result of your contribution
- Your generosity gives the true heroes of this world the resources, energy, and encouragement to keep going to make a real difference in people’s lives.
5 Ways to Give
1) DONATE ONLINE
2) DONATE BY PHONE OR MAIL
To donate to IDEX over the phone using a credit card, call Veronica Moreno at 415-824-8384 x 109. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm Pacific Time. To donate by mail, make checks payable to “IDEX” and send them to:
333 Valencia Street, Suite 250
San Francisco, CA 94103-3547
3) GIVE STOCK OR SECURITIES
If you have appreciated stock that you have held for one, if not many years, consider a gift of stock to IDEX and save on taxes. When you gift the stock directly to IDEX, you not only receive a tax deduction for your gift at the current market value, but you also avoid tax liability on the appreciated gain. For more information on how to make a stock or securities transfer, you can download IDEX Stock Gift Instructions.
4) GIVE THROUGH YOUR WORKPLACE
Many employers make matching gifts. Find out if yours does by searching here and double the size of your contribution! Some employers arrange for pre-tax deductions and handle the donation for you to your favorite organization. IDEX’s Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) is 77-0071852.
5) MAKE A LEGACY OR PLANNED GIFT
Our planned gift program offers a variety of gift vehicles that may offer increased benefits to you and IDEX by coordinating your philanthropy with your financial or estate plans. Please contact Rajasvini Bhansali – phone 415-824-8384 x 101 or email email@example.com for more information.
If you have any questions about making a donation, please contact us.